WordPress is easy to use and popular content management system. This dynamic publishing tool allows you to manage your website content using a web browser. The platform is open source and widely used by leading news agencies and corporations. It has a user friendly interface for publishing text and media, whilst it also works great to optimize your website for search engines such as Google and Yahoo. Additionally, WordPress is used by over 13% of the 1,000,000 biggest websites.
Why we build websites using WordPress
Whilst Moove can produce websites using a range of sources and techniques, we opt to use WordPress for the following reasons:
- Value for money: Using WordPress for your website means it tends to be cheaper than other options; WordPress is actually a free programme.
- Unique: Leading on from the previous point, many clients want their websites to have a unique look. The look and the structure of a website are very important, not just to the client but also to the visitors. Developing a unique look and feel of your new website running on WordPress is just one thing that a WordPress designer can do for you.
- Universal: WordPress is hosted online so you don’t need any special program or operating system or browser to administer your website’s content. All you need is your favourite Internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or other.
- Offers multiple users: This means you’re not the only one who can fix something in a dash. You can give your employees separate login details and they can access your website content management system from anywhere where there is an Internet connection.
- Peace of mind: WordPress keeps many backup versions of anything you have worked on sorted by the date changes were saved. With one click you can restore a previous version of a webpage that you need to recover.
- Browsers: Ensuring your website looks great on all browsers is important to creating and maintaining a strong brand. Experienced WordPress developers can do this job with ease, as they have already met most of the things that needs to be cross-browsed.
- Easy CMS: If you’ve got any computer knowledge (can send an email, send a tweet or update your Facebook status) then WordPress is simple to use. And typical updates to content do not create danger of messing up the design.
- SEO: WordPress also makes it easier to optimize your search engine results. That means your site is more likely to land on the first page of Google results, which means people are more likely to find you.
- Need for speed: If a website takes more than 3 seconds to load, users typically will just go to another site, or simply click the ‘x’ button. A website’s loading speed is really important, especially if you don’t want to lose any of your visitors. A skilled WordPress developer can really do this job for you with ease.
Generally when looking for a WordPress developer, ensure that they have a strong portfolio to prove their expertise. WordPress is not an easy system to learn and you can miss out on a lot of WordPress benefits if you choose an inexperienced supplier.
Although there is a huge demand for WordPress development services, ensure you are getting a reasonable price; this should typically take in factors such as turnaround time, quality of services, additional implementations, expertise in the concerned field, clients/brands worked with and so on.
☎ Let's connect
- Got a web development project you need to help with? Get in touch.
- Subscribe and get our latest blog posts delivered directly to your inbox!